August 29, 2008

cotw. Tripolina Chair


My newest project for RTN. - rather my first real project for RTN. - is going to be a Chair of the Week. I really like chairs, and I feel that there are many great chairs out there that aren't getting enough publicity. That being said each week I will feature on chair, tell a little about it and find the best possible place to purchase it. So I thought it only fitting to kick off this new venture with a chair I've had, well as long as I can remember. It's been in my room for ages, and seems to always attract compliment when guests visit, though I've never been able to tell anything about it. So imagine my glee when I noticed it in the background of a post over at Better Living Through Design. As it happens it is called the Tripolina Chair and was first introduced at the St. Louis Fair in 1904. It's inspired many chair designs since it's introduction including most notably the Butterfly Chair. You can pick up this brilliant chair - and be in fantastic company - at Design Within Reach.

No comments: