September 8, 2008

An Amazing Fabric + Updated Classics

I happened upon Parkhaus this evening, a company dedicated entirely to making products of high-quality wool felt. At first the company reminded me of another great wool based company, Hard Graft. Though upon further inspection, their product range extends to far more than simply personal accessories. They've created storage boxes, notebooks, lamps, and a great deal of other home furnishings and accessories as well.

{photo of key fob via Canoe, photos of classic chairs via Parkhaus}

However, one of their most notable projects came just under a year ago. They began creating seating pads specially designed to accompany some of the most classic and recognizable chairs out there. They are intended to not only provide additional comfort to the chairs - a concept I'm not entirely fond of - but also to protect them from the everyday wear and tear of use - a concept I can certainly get behind. And that key fob isn't half bad either, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be placing an order for one of those.

No comments: